Friday, March 27, 2015

The Loneliest Whale in the World

DOGO News in the article, "The Quest To Seek Out 52 Hertz AKA The "Loneliest Whale in the World"' talks about a whale named, 52 Hertz. This whale has a higher pitched voice compared to other whales and therefore cannot communicate with its type.


Citation:
"The Quest To Seek Out 52 Hertz AKA "World's Loneliest Whale""DOGOnews. Meera Dolasia, 25 Feb. 2015. Web. 09 Mar. 2015. <http://www.dogonews.com/2015/2/25/the-quest-to-seek-out-52-hertz-aka-worlds-loneliest-whale>.

Backward Looking:
I did not have any prior knowledge about 52 Hertz(the loneliest whale in the world). Now I know that Hertz is not able to communicate to other whales due to his rare high-pitched voice. Because of this, he has no friends, family, or spouses to connect with and talk to which is why he is known as the loneliest whale in the world. 

Inward Looking:
I chose this article because I am interested in articles that sound interesting and facts that I did not know about before. This article had an affect on me because I feel like any whales or animals such as Hertz that have disabilities, we should do something to prevent loneliness.

Outward Looking:
This article affects the community by showing them that there could be animals or people in this world that are lonely and that we can make a difference and impact on that.

Forward Looking:
One question that I have is if there is anything we could do to make environment better and less lonely.
I would also ask the author if there are more lonely animals out there and if she could write an article about them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment