Friday, March 27, 2015

The Great Dress Debate

Summary:
It all began when someone posted a picture of a dress trying to figure out what color it was. Soon the post goes viral and scientists get involved. 

Complete Citation:
"White And Gold Or Blue And Black? The Great Dress Debate!" DOGOnews. Jennifer Farrell, 6 Mar. 2015. Web. 9 Mar. 2015. <http://www.dogonews.com/2015/3/6/white-and-gold-or-blue-and-black-the-great-dress-debate>.

Backward-Looking:
I did not know much about the science behind the dress, but I did know that it was going viral between the colors. Now, I know that our human brain interprets different images. The angle and the light effects what people see. People that see the background as brightly illuminated see black and blue. However, people whose brains automatically see the poorly lit setting, see white and gold.

Inward-Looking:
My thoughts about this changed after reading the article. When I first saw the post about the dress, I thought, "People just have really weird eyes to see black and blue. Of course, the dress is white and gold.", but now I see that there is a science behind it, and the dress is actually black and blue.

Outward-Looking:
This article affects the future in the way that others would try similar things like this and get others motivated to find the science behind it. There's probably going to be someone who finds something else and a new science behind it.

Forward-Looking:
One question that I have for the author is, "Is there a way to change what you see in the picture, or does your mind just stick to what you have and refuses to think differently?"
A question I have for the person who took the picture is, "How did you take the picture?"

No comments:

Post a Comment